This quick class will get you started on a scarf! Bring yarn and appropriate sized needles, or some money to purchase yarn and needles available in class. We will learn and discuss cast on and garter stitch, with time to practice. For advice on yarn and needles, contact Kim Fenton at *protected email* or visit […]
Tag Archives | knitting class
This three hour workshop hosted by the talented Kim Fenton of Unwind Knit and Fibre (Molly’s Lane) is for fearless beginners who want to take knitting to a new level. It is perfect for students who have just learned how to knit, who used to knit but need a refresher or those who at least know how to cast on and off.
In this interactive class, we will cover:
- Needle basics – which needle when?
- Pattern basics – what is a p1tbl, anyways??
- Looking at yarn – can a substitution be made?
- I need one of those thingies – What’s in your toolkit?
- Understanding gauge
- Finding a go to cast on
- Which cast off is best?
What to bring:
- Questions about yarn, needles, patterns, gauge.
- Yarn and appropriate needles to practice cast on AND/OR a knitting sample ready to practice cast off
Date: Saturday, April 8, 2017
Time: 10am – 1pm
Cost: $35, and supplies